Friday, August 19, 2011

Kids fears: Bad guys

Another common fear is "bad guys," one that I can understand. I may be considered over-protective by some because I want my eyes on my children unless I know they are in the care of a competent adult (school, church, friend or relatives house). In fact, we have a saying: "If I can't see you, I can't help you."

But for my girls, this fear rears is ugly head at night when they are trying to get much needed sleep, so here are some verses I found:

Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged.

Psalm 5:11 (New International Version)

11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Psalm 12:7 (New International Version)

7 O LORD, you will keep us safe
and protect us from such people forever.

Psalm 23:4 I will fear no evil, for you are with me, O Lord; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 32:7 (New International Version)

7 You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Selah

Psalm 140:1 (New International Version)

1 Rescue me, O LORD, from evil men;
protect me from men of violence,

2 Thessalonians 3:3 (New International Version)

3But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go,” says the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment